Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jimmy's Birthday

I had a weird week but last night was quite refreshing. My friend Jimmy had his 30th birthday party. He basically reserved a room at a local club and had a dj in who did karaoke for us. So it was about 50-70 people all of whom I had at least met once before, all friends with Jimmy doing an epic night of Karaoke. You haven't really experience true karaoke until you do it with these guys. The DJ even at the end said, "I've never seen a group that brought it from start to finish as much as you guys did, it's been an honor." I did my usuals of Natalie Imbruglia's Torn and Cameo's Word Up but added a new one which I think I did quite well with:

Talking Heads: Life During Wartime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DblvhECdws0

I think the best part though came because of my friend OJ. Utah is hard place for me because I am so extroverted and when I lived in Boston or London or even when I was in LA for a very short period I could do lots of flirting, I have a little bit of game outside of Utah. But inside Utah I just don't know how to do it. My friend OJ brought a first date to the party and that first date brought a random friend of hers. I didn't know her, I likely won't see her again, but in those 3 hours or so, I had some good game. It was a good ego boost. I've been needing that for a while. I stuck her with the humor charm, it worked pretty well.

Now tonight I'm back up to salt lake to see those blokes again as Jimmy and Jeff have their annual Academy Awards party at Brewvies Cinema Pub. If you haven't been to Brewvies you're missing out, it's a bar and a theater and you can order food and eat it inside the theater, and their tickets tend to be a good 4 bucks cheaper then real theaters.

Once monday starts I'm going to have to go back to being responsible and doing homework. Man it's so nice to have a killer weekend sometimes. I'm pretty sure there were some really good pictures, once everyone wakes up I'll post one or two in my next post.

No comments: